From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Bread Bowl
Domino's Bread Bowls are made from the restaurant's classic hand-tossed dough and then filled with a variety of cheesy pasta dishes. While Domino's restaurants offer a menu of pastas and sauces to go along with bread bowls, you can use this Dominos Bread Bowl Pasta recipe to make your dish exactly the way you like it.
Once you master making a Domino's bread bowl, you might try filling it with the restaurant's Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta, Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese Bread Bowl Pasta or Pasta Primavera Bread Bowl Pasta.
Start to finish: 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes or more for the dough to rise)
Serves: 8; serving size is 1/2 bowl
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main entrée|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, water|
|Similar to||Bread Bowl|
Domino's Bread Bowl Ingredients
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 4/1/2 cups enriched flour
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- Additional flour, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Domino's Bread Bowl Recipe
Domino's Bread Bowl Dough Recipe
- In a large Pyrex measuring cup, measure 1 ¾ cups of warm water.
- Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water, stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the enriched flour, vital wheat gluten, and salt.
- Once the yeast mixture has begun to foam (bloom), pour it into the flour mixture.
- Add the soybean oil to the mixture.
- Combine the flour, oil, and yeast mixture by kneading it with your hands or using a dough hook in a standing electric mixer until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic; chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. (Chilled dough is easier to shape than dough that is room temperature.)
Domino's Bread Bowl Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour over the dough to prevent it from sticking to the work surface.
- Place the dough on your work surface and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Gently shape each piece of dough into a ball by stretching the edges of the dough and tucking them under to make a bread bowl.
- Make a ¼ inch deep cut along the top of each ball and put it onto a pizza stone or baking sheet. Brush the top and sides of the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the bread bowls for approximately 40-45 minutes. You will know the bread is done when the crust is light brown and the center is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread bowls to rest on a cooling rack.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Domino's Pizza Coupons
- This recipe can be time consuming to prepare. By planning ahead, you can cut prep time significantly by making the dough a day ahead. In fact, additional time in the refrigerator allows the yeast to grow and the dough to develop more elasticity and flavor.
- Try serving your prepared bread bowl along with some of Domino's signature appetizers such as breadsticks, Buffalo wings, or Stuffed Cheesy Bread.
Also See: How to Make Domino's Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make Domino's Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make Domino's Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make Domino's Pasta Primavera Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta