From Copycat Recipe Guide
Genghis Grill Sweet N Sour Pork Bowl
The Sweet 'N Sour pork bowl at Genghis Grill is a flavor-packed dish filled with vegetables and topped with a sweet and sour sauce. The dish is stir-fried, not deep-fried as with many comparable sweet 'n sour dishes at Chinese restaurants. The pork shines without any need for coating or batter. Diners at Genghis Grill know the customization that is offered for dine-in patrons. Now you can bring that same flexibility to the dinner table by preparing the Sweet N Sour Pork bowl recipe yourself. The meal is quick to prepare and uses standard ingredients. It is fairly flexible and the vegetable, sauce, and seasonings can be modified to suit different palates or dietary restrictions.
|Flickr: The Listener|
|Customer service phone||1-888-GENGHIS|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Pork, pineapple, green onions, bamboo shoots, green beans, and bean sprouts|
|Cooking method||Stir fry|
|Similar to||Chinese-style sweet and sour stir fry|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Genghis Grill Sweet N Sour Pork Bowl Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cubed pork
- 1/8 cup green beans
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/8 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp. sweet and sour sauce
- 4 oz. cooked spiral pasta
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Genghis Grill Sweet N Sour Pork Bowl Recipe
- Slice pork into chunks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Clean and cut all vegetables.
- Drain pineapple, or slice it if you're using fresh fruit.
- Preheat the wok to a medium-high temperature.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the bottom of your wok and heat. Test the oil for readiness by flicking a few drops of water over the top. If the water sizzles, the oil is heated.
- Swirl the vegetable oil around the wok until the sides are coated.
- Place the pork cubes into the wok and cook until done or white throughout. Avoid overcooking the meat.
- Remove the pork from the wok and place it in a clean bowl.
- Add all of the vegetables to the wok and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the pork on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the sweet and sour sauce over the mixture and stir frequently to coat evenly. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove mix and serve over steamed white or brown rice.
Genghis Grill Video
Genghis Grill's Sweet 'N' Sour Pork is a good option for a nightly meal, since the ingredients can be prepped in advance and cooking takes less than 15 minutes. The dish is designed for one large serving, but the ingredients can be increased to serve extra diners easily. For the best results, it is better to cook multiple smaller batches in the wok rather than one large batch.
Also See: How to Make Genghis Grill Khanzu Sauce, How to Make a Genghis Grill Citrus Beef Bowl, How to Make Genghis Grill Khan Pao Sauce, How to Make a Genghis Grill Bowl of Seoul, How to Make a Genghis Grill Buddhist Bowl, How to Make A Genghis Grill Bayou Bowl, How to Make A Genghis Mongo BBQ Bowl, How to Make a Genghis Grill Teriyaki Chicken Bowl, How to Make a Genghis Grill Special Fried Rice Bowl, How to Make Genghis Grill Chili Garlic Sauce