From Copycat Recipe Guide
The HoneyBaked Ham company has been pairing a sweet glaze with a baked ham for a irresistible taste and moist texture for more than 40 years. The dish is classically used around the holidays as part of a holiday feast or as a delicious gift item, but is a tasty meal option year-round. Home chefs looking to save money and serve up some perfectly prepared ham for a special occasion, or a family treat can reproduce the dish by using a HoneyBaked Ham recipe. Original HoneyBaked hams are lean, smoked for 24 hours, marinated and baked. While home cooks can smoke their own ham, purchasing a quality pre-smoked ham speeds up the process and reduces preparation time. In addition to saving money, preparing homemade HoneyBaked hams allows for the customization of seasonings and ingredients.
|Customer service phone||866-492-HAMS|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Smoked ham,|
|Similar to||Logan Farms honey glazed ham|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
HoneyBaked Ham Ingredients
- 6 pound smoked bone-in ham (spiral cut is best)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice (no pulp variety)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
HoneyBaked Ham Recipe
- Stud ham with cloves.
- Place ham in a large baking pan with the large end down.
- Mix 1/2 cup orange juice with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice to create a marinade.
- Baste the ham liberally with the fruit mixture and allow it to marinate for approximately 30 minutes. If using a ham that is not sliced, cut slices into the meat to allow the juices to penetrate.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Bake ham for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the fruit juice mixture.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons of molasses and 2 cups of honey in a small mixing bowl. Stir until blended.
- Brush honey sugar glaze onto the ham several times to ensure all parts of the ham are well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. If you have a larger or smaller ham, you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Turn the oven to the broiler setting.
- Cook on broil for about 5 minutes, or until the external coating becomes crisp and caramelizes. This step can also be done with a butane torch.
How to Make HoneyBaked Ham Video
The secret to crafting delicious honey-roasted hams at home is the marinating process. Try to find a high-quality smoked ham that is already spiral-sliced to enhance the marinating process. HoneyBaked hams can be served with homemade rolls, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn or other vegetable option. If you are baking for a holiday meal, time your cooking to ensure all dishes will be ready to serve at the same time. The ham can be cooked ahead and re-heated if necessary. Leftovers are perfect for sandwiches and casserole entrees.
Also See: How To Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken , How to Make Panda Express Mandarin Chicken, How to Make Montreal Steak Seasoning, How to Make a Genghis Grill Sweet N Sour Pork Bowl