From Copycat Recipe Guide
The restaurant chain KFC sells many fried chicken entrees, including the miniature KFC Snacker. Make with the restaurant’s Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, the KFC Snacker recipe is served with lettuce and a special sauce on a sesame seed bun. To add a slightly different flavor, cooks can switch up the kinds of sauces they use or prepare the chicken breast with a single coat of breading similar to the Original Recipe Fried Chicken.
Flickr: the impulsive buy
|Customer service phone||(800)225-5532|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, sandwich bun, lettuce|
|Cooking method||Pan frying|
|Similar to||Mini chicken sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
KFC Snacker Ingredients
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 miniature sesame seed sandwich buns
- 1/4 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
KFC Snacker Recipe
- Pound the chicken breast with a kitchen mallet until about ½” thick. Slice the chicken breast in half.
- Pour the canola oil into a deep frying pan or skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until the oil is sizzling.
- Put the flour in a small bowl, the egg in another bowl, and the milk in a third bowl. Dip each breast half in the milk, then egg, then flour. After coating the breast pieces completely, dip them in the milk, egg, and flour again to double bread them.
- Place each chicken breast in half into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides, about four minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken pieces with kitchen tongs and drain them on paper towels.
- While the chicken is cooling, prepare the red pepper mayonnaise. Combine the mayonnaise, red peppers, and salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Split each sandwich bun and spread both sides of the bread with the red pepper mayonnaise.
- Lay one chicken breast half on each sandwich and then sprinkle with shredded lettuce. Top with the other sandwich bun halves. Serve.
Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
- KFC states that each Snacker contains 310 calories. To reduce the calories in the sandwich, you could bake the chicken breast or grill it instead.
- Make a Buffalo Chicken Snacker by topping the sandwich with buffalo wing sauce instead of red pepper mayonnaise.
- Try the Snacker as a Honey BBQ sandwich by replacing the red pepper mayonnaise with honey BBQ wing sauce.