From Copycat Recipe Guide
McDonald's Big Mac
Fast food aficionados might remember the famous McDonald’s jingle: “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!”, which was featured in a commercial for the Big Mac. Just hearing the song may be enough to make you grab your keys and head to the nearest McDonald’s restaurant. The key ingredient to making a Big Mac is the special sauce. Now using this McDonald’s Big Mac recipe, you can create this classic sandwich in the comfort of your own home anytime you crave one.
Start to finish: 15 minutes (Active Time: 10 minutes)
|Flickr: El Gran Dee|
|Customer service phone||800-244-6227|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Beef patty, sesame seed bun|
|Cooking method||Pan frying, stovetop|
|Similar to||Double cheeseburger|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
McDonald’s Big Mac Ingredients
- 2 sesame seed buns, unsliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Vegetable oil spray
- 4 80% lean beef hamburger patties, about 2.5 ounces each
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 12 hamburger pickles
- 4 slices of American cheese
- Ingredients and instructions to make McDonalds Special Sauce
<p style="text-align:center"> Shop Over 750 New Items For Spring at SurLaTable.com!
McDonald’s Big Mac Recipe
- In a 12-inch skillet on medium heat, melt butter until it is foaming.
- Slice each sesame seed bun into thirds.
- Place the buns in the skillet with the cut-side down for about two minutes, until they are browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, on high heat, spray with vegetable oil spray to prevent burgers from sticking.
- Place the beef patties in the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom is browned, about 3 minutes. Flip the burgers and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
How to Assemble a Big Mac
- The Big Mac sandwich will be assembled from the bottom up.
- Place the bottom and middle portion of the bun on a cutting board.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of special sauce on the bottom and middle section of the bun.
- Place 1 teaspoon of chopped onion, followed by ½ cup of sliced lettuce and 3 hamburger pickles on top of the special sauce.
- Carefully stack a hamburger on each dressed bun, then place a slice of American cheese on top.
- Stack the middle portion of the burger onto the bottom portion, and cap with the top bun section.
What is in the sauce that is in the Big Mac?
- Purchasing pre-shaped hamburger patties makes this recipe fast and easy to prepare. If you do not like packaged hamburger patties, you could purchase ground beef and shape your own burgers. Some chefs like to purchase sirloin steak tips or other cuts of meat to grind and shape into patties. Try grinding a combination of sirloin steak, chuck steak meat, and lamb shoulder meat to add variety to your burger.
Also See: How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's, How To Make McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, How to Make McDonald's Pancakes, How to Make Applebee's Classic Patty Melt, How to Make Steak 'n Shake Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning