From Copycat Recipe Guide
McDonald's Mocha Frappe
The McDonald’s Mocha Frappe recipe includes coffee, blended with chocolate and ice and topped with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle. A copycat version of the McDonald’s Mocha Frappe can be made at home with coffee, milk, chocolate and sugar. The drink can be customized to suit any taste and include a variety of add-ins and toppings.
McDonald’s restaurants have an extensive menu available, including a line of café style drinks referred to as McCafé. The McCafé menu features fruit smoothies, milkshakes and both hot and cold coffee drinks, including the Mocha Frappe.
Start to finish: 3 hours 10 minutes (Active time: 10 minutes)
|Customer service phone||800-244-6227|
|Served as||Drink or dessert|
|Main ingredients||Coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, sugar|
|Similar to||Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
McDonald's Mocha Frappe Ingredients
- 4 cups strong, freshly brewed coffee, hot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
McDonald's Mocha Frappe Recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine hot coffee and sugar, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the sweetened coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze for 3 hours or until solid.
- Once the coffee has frozen, remove the cubes from the tray and place in a blender.
- Pour the milk, cream and chocolate syrup over the ice cubes.
- Blend the ingredients on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the iced mocha into a cup and top generously with whipped cream. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup over the whipped cream. Serve immediately.
McDonald’s Frappe Recipe
- For a sweeter taste, add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the heavy cream before blending.
- Caramel sauce can be used in place of chocolate syrup to drizzle over the whipped topping.
- A decaffeinated version of the McDonald's Mocha Frappe can be prepared by using your favorite brand of decaf coffee in place of the regular coffee in the recipe.
Also See:How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup