From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Bread Monte Cristo Sandwich
At Panera Bread, diners can choose from several hot sandwiches, including the Tomato and Mozzarella Panini, the Smokehouse Turkey Panini, and the Monte Cristo Sandwich. The Panera Bread Monte Cristo sandwich recipe is offered occasionally at the restaurant and includes sliced ham, sliced turkey, and Swiss cheese on sandwich bread that’s been coated with egg and milk and pan-seared.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||(314)984-1000|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Sandwich bread, sliced ham, swiss cheese, eggs, milk|
|Similar to||Monte Cristo Sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Bread Monte Cristo Sandwich Ingredients
- 8 slices white whole grain sandwich bread
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices of thin roasted turkey
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 tbsp butter
Recipe courtesy of Panera Bread
Panera Bread Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- Use a butter knife to spread all of the sandwich bread with mustard. Lay one slice of cheese, ham, and turkey on four slices of bread. Add another slice of cheese, then top with the other four bread slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and the four eggs. Use a whisk to beat the eggs until smooth.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt 4 tbsp butter.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture to coat it completely.
- Place one sandwich at a time in the skillet and cook for a couple of minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- Make a variation of this recipe by using cinnamon raisin bread and honey Djion mustard.
- Replace the swiss cheese with Gouda cheese if desired.
- For a slightly milder taste, use mayonnaise instead of Dijon mustard on the sandwiches.
- To keep the sandwiches from becoming too soggy before frying, cut the crusts off the bread and wrap with plastic wrap. Place the sandwiches in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to firm it.
- Try dusting the finished sandwich with confectioner’s sugar for a slightly sweet taste.