From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini
This Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini recipe is simple to make and may just fool your taste buds into thinking that you're sitting in a Panera restaurant. It's a spin on a classic grilled chicken and cheddar sandwich, spruced up with a sauce made with chipotle and adobo chiles. While it isn't too spicy, the peppers add flavor and zest, bringing the sandwich to life.
Source: samantha celera
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, chili spread|
|Similar to||Grilled chicken sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini Ingredients
- 8 slices focaccia bread
- 4 boneless, skinless free range chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 fresh tomato slices
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 ancho chile
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini Recipe
- Mince the ancho and chipotle chiles into tiny pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and the mayo.
- Add the chiles and mix well.
- Cover, and let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Heat a grill or cast-iron skillet to medium-high.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken breasts for about 15 minutes, turning once, until they are thoroughly cooked. There should be no pink in the middle.
- Heat up your panini press.
- Coat one side of each slice of bread with the ancho-chipotle spread.
- Top 4 slices with a chicken breast, followed by a slice of cheddar cheese, 2 bacon slices and 2 tomato slices.
- Top with a second bread slice and serve.
How to Grill a Chicken Breast
If you're watching your waistline, the Chipotle Chicken Panini can easily be lightened up into a more diet-friendly meal. Simply use vegetarian bacon instead of pork (or skip it altogether), and use light mayonnaise and light sour cream when you make the spread. For even fewer calories, use a thin whole wheat bread instead of heavy focaccia.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Cuban Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make TGI Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Irish Coffee Pub Cream of Potato Soup, How to Make White Castle Sliders