From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Cuban Chicken Panini
With these instructions , you can make the Panera Cuban Chicken Panini recipe in the comfort of your own kitchen, and it will taste very similar to the one at the restaurant. This sandwich can be served at lunchtime, but is also hearty enough to make a filling dinner.
Panera Bread is a bakery and cafe that specialized in freshly-made breads like bagels, focaccia, baguette and more. They also serve full meals including hot and colf sandwiches as well as soups and other light fare.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, bacon, bread, Swiss, mayonnaise, chiles|
|Cooking method||No cooking|
|Similar to||Cuban chicken sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Cuban Chicken Panini Ingredients
- 8 slices focaccia bread
- 4 ounces smoked chicken slices
- 4 ham slices
- 12 pickle chips
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato Ale Mustard
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ale
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 chipotle chiles
Panera Cuban Chicken Panini Recipe
- Soak the mustard seeds in water, and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain and rinse the seeds off.
- Place all mustard ingredients in the food processor, and puree until smooth. This mustard will last up to a month in the refrigerator.
- Mince the chipotle chiles.
- Whisk the chipotles with the rest of the ingredients for mayo until well-blended. Cover, and chill for at least an hour.
- Heat up a panini press.
- Spread 4 slices of focaccia with the tomato mustard, and the other 4 slices with the chipotle mayo.
- Top each mustard-coated focaccia slice with 1 ounce chicken, a slice of ham, a slice of cheese and 4 pickle slices.
- Cover with the remaining bread, mayo-side down.
- Grill on the panini press until the tops of the bread are browned and crisp. Serve at once.
Panini with no Press
If you don't have the time it takes to make the sun-dried tomato ale mustard yourself, you can use a shortcut method to produce a similar spread. Just finely mince some sun-dried tomatoes and add them to some spicy mustard. Stir in small amounts of ale until the desired consistency is reached.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels, How to Make Sonny's Bar-B-Q Coleslaw