From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Frontega Chicken Panini
While this copycat Panera Frontega Chicken Panini recipe did not come directly from the restaurant itself, the result comes quite close to what you will find at the bakery and cafe chain. The sandwich consists of smoked and pulled white meat chicken; mozzarella; tomatoes; red onions; and chopped basil and chipotle mayonnaise, grilled on focaccia bread.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, red onions, basil, chipotle, mayonnaise|
|Cooking method||No cooking|
|Similar to||Panera Chipotle chicken panini|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Frontega Chicken Panini Ingredients
- 8 slices focaccia bread
- 8 ounces smoked, pulled white meat chicken
- 8 slices fresh tomato
- 4 sliced red onion rounds
- 4 slices part skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 basil leaves
<p style="text-align:center"> Shop Over 750 New Items For Spring at SurLaTable.com!
Panera Frontega Chicken Panini Recipe
- Start the spread ahead of time by mincing the chipotle peppers.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl.
- Stir in the chipotle peppers until they are evenly distributed throughout the spread.
- Let the spread sit, covered, in the fridge for at least a full hour so that the flavors become fully incorporated.
- Heat up your panini press when you're ready to start building the sandwiches.
- Slice the basil into thin ribbons.
- Smooth some chipotle spread onto all 8 pieces of focaccia bread.
- Place 2 ounces of pulled, smoked chicken onto 4 of the bread slices.
- Top each mound of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese, an onion round and 2 tomato slices, and some basil.
- Finish each sandwich with the top bread slice, and grill until toasted.
How to Smoke Chicken
- While the mozzarella flavor complements the smokiness of the chicken well, you may substitute any cheese you desire. Other good cheese choices include gouda and smoked provolone.
- This panini can also be made with baguette, ciabatta or other breads.
- For extra spice, add some finely minced jalapeno peppers to your spread along with the chipotle.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Cuban Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini