From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Italian Combo Sandwich
The Panera Italian combo sandwich found on the chain restaurant's menu is the chain's reinvention of an Italian favorite. It combines plenty of deli meat with Swiss cheese and Panera's signature combo sauce. While customers could buy the sandwich for lunch everyday, doing so could get expensive over time. It's easy to prepare this Panera Italian combo sandwich recipe, but cooks will need fresh ingredients to get the best taste. While the recipe is best suited to an adult palate, it can be adjusted to a milder flavor by simply removing the sauce and red onions.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Smoked ham, smoked turkey|
|Similar to||Applebee's classic clubhouse grille|
Panera Italian Combo Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 leaf green lettuce
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- 2 slices smoked turkey breast
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 3 slices Genoa salami
- 2 pepperoncini
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 slices Ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons Panera combo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Panera Combo Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 teaspoon soybean oil
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Panera Italian Combo Sandwich Recipe
- Place soybean oil, water, mustard, egg yolk, vinegar, horseradish, sugar, salt and minced garlic in a small pot over low heat.
- Stir continuously until the ingredients are incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Remove sauce from heat, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Take a large loaf of Ciabatta bread and slice two 1-inch slices off.
- Place bread on serving plate, open faced.
- Spread 2 tablespoons Panera's combo sauce dressing lightly over the bread.
- Layer one slice of Swiss cheese, two slices of smoked turkey breast, two slices of smoked ham, three slices of Genoa salami, 2 slices of tomato, one leaf of green lettuce, and 2 pepperoncini peppers.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the sandwich ingredients.
- Top with the second piece of bread.
- Serve immediately with a pickle slice.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Panera Italian Combo Sandwich
As a healthier alternative, consider replacing the cheese with a low-fat version or skipping the cheese entirely. You can also increase the spiciness of the sandwich by adding some hot sauce of your choice. Consider serving the sandwich along with a serving of one of Panera's signature soups for an extra-special, tummy-warming dish.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Chicken Caesar Sandwich, How to Make a Panera Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich