From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini
This Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini recipe has three sources of smokey flavor: smoked chicken, smoked bacon, and smoked cheddar cheese. While the restaurant's recipes for all of the individual elements of this sandwich are not available to the general public, you can use similar ingredients to produce a meal that tastes very close to the original. The sandwich is simple to make, though you will need to start the flavored mustard a day in advance.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Smoked turkey, bacon, cheddar, mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, bread|
|Similar to||Smoked turkey sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini Ingredients
- 8 slices Panera Artisan Three Cheese bread
- 8 ounces smoked turkey breast
- 8 pieces smoked bacon
- 4 slices smoked cheddar cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato & Ale Mustard
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not oil packed
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup ale
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini Recipe
- Place the mustard seeds in a cup of warm water. Place in the refrigerator to steep overnight.
- Strain out the water, and rinse the seeds off well.
- Pour all mustard ingredients into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Simmer in a saucepan with a bit of water for a few minutes to meld the flavors together.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until ready to use. You can store the mustard for a few months before it will go bad.
- Spread the mustard onto the slices of Artisan Three Cheese Bread.
- Top 4 of the slices with 2 ounces smoked turkey breast, 1 slice of cheese, and 2 pieces of smoked bacon.
- Top with the remaining bread slices and grill in a panini press until golden-brown on top and bottom.
Bourbon Smoked Turkey
If you don't have access to Panera Artisan Three Cheese Bread, you can use a parmesan focaccia or any other type of cheese bread you find at the market.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini