From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini
The Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini recipe isn't difficult to replicate at home, and the result will be as good as the version at the bakery/restaurant if you follow the instructions here. The hot sandwich contains seared top sirloin steak, a mound of caramelized onions, sliced white cheddar cheese and spicy horseradish spread, all piled onto a chewy baguette. This is an upscale version of the classic Philly cheese steak.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Steak, onions, white cheddar, horseradish spread, baguette|
|Cooking method||Searing, sauteing|
|Similar to||Cheese steak sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini Ingredients
- 1 French baguette, sliced horizontally
- 4 6-inch sirloin steaks, thinly sliced horizontally
- 4 slices Vermont white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini Recipe
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over a medium high flame.
- Place the steak slices on the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Sprinkle 1/16 teaspoon or so (just a pinch) of salt and pepper onto each side while the opposite side is searing.
- Remove the steak from the skillet. Pour in the olive oil and add the sliced onions. Season them with the rest of the salt and black pepper.
- Cook the onions until caramelized, 20 minutes or longer.
- Heat up a panini press.
- Cut the baguette into 4 equal pieces.
- Spread 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce on the bottom half of each baguette piece.
- Top each with sliced sirloin steak, a pile of caramelized onions and a slice of white cheddar.
- Replace the baguette tops, and heat on the press until fully grilled. Serve immediately.
How to Caramelize Onions
Panera presses their Steak and White Cheddar Panini, but if you don't have a panini press, do not fear. To produce the same effect, grill your sandwich in a skillet or on a flat top grill. Set a heavy item such as a plate or a small pan on top to press. Be careful when removing, as whatever you put on top of the sandwich may get very hot.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins