From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Tomato and Mozzarella Panini
This Panera Tomato and Mozzarella Panini recipe is the restaurant's version of the traditional Italian caprese sandwich. It combines mozzarella cheese with roasted and fresh tomatoes and basil leaves, finished with rich sun-dried tomato pesto. This sandwich is a breeze to make, and friends and family will be impressed by your homemade pesto, which ic deceptively easy to make. All you need are the ingredients and a blender.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Served as||Main course sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Ciabatta, mozzarella, tomatos, basil, sun-dried tomato pesto|
|Cooking method||Blending (no heat)|
|Similar to||Caprese sandwich|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Tomato and Mozzarella Panini Ingredients
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 basil leaves, chopped into ribbons
- 1 can roasted tomatoes, drained and chopped
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
Panera Tomato and Mozzarella Panini Recipe
- Turn on a panini press to preheat.
- Place all the ingredients for the sun-dried tomato pesto into a blender or a food processor. Cover with lid.
- Process or blend on high speed until all ingredients are combined and you have a coarse paste. If you're using a blender, you may need to pause it and stir throughout the process to ensure that all ingredients are evenly chopped.
- Spread the pesto sauce onto the top half of each piece of ciabatta bread.
- On the plain bottom half of each ciabatta, lay out 3 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Top with two fresh tomato slices, followed by a sprinkling of the roasted tomato and then a sprinkling of basil.
- Cover with the pesto-lined bread tops.
- Grill the sandwiches in the panini press until they are toasted. Serve while still warm.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- If you don't have the time to prepare your own sun-dried tomato pesto, use a store-bought variety. Traditional basil pesto will also work, as will other flavors.
- To make this a cold sandwich, forgo the pressing and drizzle on a bit if balsamic vinegar and olive oil to enhance the flavors.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini