From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Robin Gingerbread Milkshake
Red Robin offers seasonal milkshakes to go along with corresponding holidays year-round. The Red Robin Gingerbread Milkshake recipe is a festive drink available during the holiday season of November through December, encompassing Thanksgiving and Christmas. Made with a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, graham crackers and vanilla ice cream, the drink provides several distinct flavors and textures in one concoction. The milkshake is sweet, slightly spicy and crunchy thanks to the graham cracker crumbles. Red Robin's Gingerbread Milkshake can be found on the dessert section of the restaurant menu along with other milkshake flavors.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Customer service phone||303-846-6000|
|Served as||Dessert or drink|
|Main ingredients||Ginger, cinnamon, graham crackers and vanilla ice cream|
|Cooking method||Blending, stirring, boiling|
|Similar to||Ice cream, gingerbread cookies, ginger-flavored drinks|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Robin Gingerbread Milkshake Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces milk
- 14 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon Graham Cracker crumbs, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Gingersnap cookies, for garnish
Red Robin Gingerbread Milkshake Recipe
Prepare the Gingerbread Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, mix the water, sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and cinnamon. The pan's size is crucial, because if it is too small the concoction may bubble over.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not cover the pan. Place the syrup in a container with a lid covering it.
Blend the Milkshake
- Blend 1 1/2 ounces of the gingerbread syrup, the milk and ice cream.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream and gingersnap on top of the drink as desired.
Red Robin Gingerbread Milkshake Commercial
Red Robin offers an alternative form of their Gingerbread Milkshake that is strictly for adults. The recipe calls for a shot of Jim Beam bourbon whiskey, adding a sharp flavor to the sweet and spiced dessert drink. The milkshake is an allusion to the tradition of having gingerbread people, cookies, houses and other creations during the holiday season.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Mango Berry Daiquiri, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make an Outback Steakhouse Wallaby-Darned