From Copycat Recipe Guide
Smoothie Like McDonald's
The McDonald's Real Fruit Smoothie recipe is a healthy treat that can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert, or light meal. While it is easy to stop at a local McDonalds and order a smoothie, it can become an expensive habit. The McDonald's smoothie is made by blending their proprietary fruit blend, low fat yogurt, and ice. According to McDonald's, their Strawberry Banana Fruit Blend includes strawberry puree, banana puree, water, sugar, concentrated apple juice, cellulose powder, natural and artificial flavors, xanthan gum, citric acid, fruit and vegetable juice coloring, pectin, and ascorbic acid.
McDonald's Director of Culinary Innovation, Dan Coudreaut, shared an at home version of the McDonald's Smoothie recipe in an interview with myfoxdetroit. This recipe was not a duplicate of a flavor offered by McDonald's, but can easily be converted to your favorite McDonald's flavor by altering the fruits.
|Customer service phone||800-244-6227|
|Served as||Drink or dessert|
|Main ingredients||Fruit, yogurt|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
McDonald's Smoothie Ingredients
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 1/2 cup ice
McDonald's Smoothie Recipe
- Select a mixture of berries such as raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to lend a balanced flavor to the smoothie.
- Place berries in a blender.
- Add frozen peaches, banana, honey, yogurt, grape juice and ice.
- Blend in pulses at first until the ice starts to integrate into the mixture.
- Continue blending on medium until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from McDonald's Director of Culinary Innovation, Dan Coudreau
How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's Video
McDonald's Smoothie Variations
These variations omit the frozen peaches that Chef Coudreau selected for the home version. To keep the texture similar to that of the McDonald's version, 1/2 cup of the fruit you select should be frozen.
- For a Strawberry Banana Smoothie, use 3/4 cup strawberries, 1 whole banana, and replace the grape juice with apple juice.
- For a Wild Berry Smoothie, use 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blackberries, and 1/2 cup blueberries. Replace the grape juice with 1/4 cup apple juice and 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- While using a mixture of fresh and frozen fruits will give you a texture closest to that of a McDonald's smoothie, you can use all fresh or all frozen fruits.
- Exchange the yogurt for flavored yogurt or Greek yogurt for a thicker smoothie.
- Additions such as protein powders or seasonings can boost the nutrition and flavor of the smoothie.
- This recipe has less added sugar than the recipe made at McDonald's. If it's not sweet enough for your taste, you can add more honey, add some table sugar, or start replace the plain yogurt with sweetened vanilla yogurt.
Also See: How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, how to Make a Bloomin' Onion