From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
Starbucks offers a wide variety of coffee-inspired beverages. With this Starbucks Caramel Macchiato recipe, you can make one of the coffee chain's classic sweet espresso concoctions at home. The recipe is fairly easy to follow, and because Starbucks sells their own line of flavored syrups and coffee beans, your home-brewed Starbucks Caramel Macchiato can be nearly identical to the chain's version. If you don't choose to buy your syrup or espresso beans from Starbucks, you can use other brands instead and still wind up with a fairly convincing copycat beverage.
|Creative Commons image by marcopako|
|Customer service phone||800-782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Coffee, milk, syrup|
|Cooking method||Brew, steam|
|Similar to||Starbucks Vanilla Latte|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Ingredients
- Whipped cream
- 3 ounces of freshly-brewed espresso
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons vanilla syrup
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Steam the milk until the desired level of froth has been reached.
- Pour the vanilla syrup into a pint-sized mug or glass.
- Add steamed milk.
- Top with milk froth.
- Pour the espresso into the cup through the froth.
- Top the foam with the caramel sauce.
- Stir well.
- Top with whipped cream.
Making a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- To make your Starbucks Caramel Macchiato as close to the original as you can, use Starbucks' vanilla syrup and caramel sauce, which is sold at the chain. You can also make your own caramel and vanilla syrups at home.
- In order to make this recipe successfully, you will need an espresso machine with a mechanism for steaming milk. If you do not have the right equipment, you can create the milk foam by heating the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat and using a wire whisk to create a frothy texture. The result may not be exactly like the Starbucks' recipe, but should still be fairly close.
- Not in the mood for a hot drink? Enjoy a Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato.
- To make your Starbucks Caramel Macchiato even more vanilla-flavored, add some vanilla extract to your coffee grinds prior to brewing.
- To make your Caramel Macchiato with brewed coffee, use a ratio of three tablespoons of coffee grounds to six cups of water.
Also See: How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato