From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
Starbucks' sweet and spicy Chai Tea Latte can be found at your local Starbucks store. Starbucks uses Tazo Chai tea concentrate, which combines a lightly sweetened, dark, almost malty flavored tea with pumpkin pie spices. This copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte recipe assumes that you do not have the Tazo Chai concentrate on hand, and teaches you how to combine tea, milk, honey, and spices to duplicate the Starbucks taste at home.
Source: miss karen
|Customer service phone||800-782-7282|
|Served as||Tea beverage|
|Main ingredients||Tea, spices, milk|
|Similar to||Starbucks Vanilla Latte|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Ingredients
- 10 ounces water
- 1 rounded teaspoon loose black tea
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 whole black peppercorn
- 1 slice fresh ginger, peeled, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 ounces whole milk 
Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add tea, honey, and spices, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in milk, and heat to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Strain and serve immediately.
Tazo Tea Video
- You can use an espresso machine or a hand held foamer to make the latte more authentic.
- If you have an espresso machine, use the frother attachment to foam and heat the milk before combining it with the spiced tea.
- If you have a handheld frother, follow the directions as set out above and froth the mixture after the milk and tea are combined and heated.
- A Starbucks Chai Tea Latte is even easier with Starbuck's Tazo chai tea concentrate.
- Mix equal parts chai tea concentrate and milk.
- Heat to a simmer in a saucepan on the stove, or for one to two minutes in the microwave.
- These recipes are only the beginning. From here you can experiment and recreate other Starbucks chai tea drinks.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte