From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino
If you love Starbucks coffee drinks, you might be familiar with the chain’s Mocha Frappuccino. Did you know that you can make the Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino recipe at home? The drink is fairly simple to prepare and uses just a few ingredients: coffee, milk, sugar, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. For the most authentic Starbucks taste, take the time to make your own chocolate sauce, rather than using a store-bought brand.
Start to finish: 8 1/2 hours (Active time: 30 minutes)
|Customer service phone||(800)782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Espresso, sugar, milk, chocolate syrup|
|Similar to||Mocha Frappe|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Ingredients
- 24 ounces brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons pressurized whipped cream
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- Brew the coffee to the strength desired. Consider making the coffee stronger than normal to counter the sweetness of the sugar and whipped cream.
- Place the coffee in the refrigerator overnight to chill it completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cocoa powder, whipping cream and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for a few minutes until thickened. Let the chocolate sauce cool completely before using.
- Combine the cold coffee, milk, the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and the cooled chocolate syrup in a blender.
- Set aside about 1 cup of the blended mix. Divide the remainder into four serving glasses.
- Combine the 8 ounces of mix with 1 cup of ice in a blender. Mix well.
- Divide the blended ice and mix evenly into the serving glasses.
- Garnish each drink with 3 tablespoons of pressurized whipped cream.
Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- Replace the whole milk with almond milk to cut the calorie content of this drink.
- Skip a step by freezing the milk into ice cubes the night before making the frappuccino. The next morning, simply combine the frozen milk ice cubes with the coffee, sugar, and chocolate sauce.
- Add a slightly different taste by included a couple of tablespoons of vanilla syrup, almond syrup, or raspberry syrup to the mixture before blending.
- When using milk in the recipe, you might want to try a mixture of half milk and half cream to keep the milk from separating after blending.
- Consider using ice cream, rather than whipped cream, as a garnish.
- According to Starbucks, the restaurant’s mocha frappuccino contains 400 calories per 16 ounce serving. You can lower the calorie count by using 2% milk and omitting the sugar in the recipe.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make Starbucks Chai Tea, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato