From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino
If you love Starbucks coffee drinks, you might be familiar with the chain’s Mocha Frappuccino. Did you know that you can make the Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino recipe at home? The drink is fairly simple to prepare and uses just a few ingredients: espresso, milk, sugar, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. If you’re unable to find espresso coffee for this recipe, you can simply make very strong regular coffee and use that instead.
|Customer service phone||(800)782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Espresso, sugar, milk, chocolate syrup|
|Similar to||Mocha Frappe|
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Ingredients
- 3 cups espresso coffee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- Prepare the espresso according to the package directions.
- Place the coffee in the refrigerator overnight to chill it completely.
- Combine the cold coffee, milk, sugar and chocolate syrup in a blender. Mix well.
- Set aside 8 ounces of the mix and store the rest in the refrigerator.
- Combine the 8 ounces of mix with 1 cup of ice in a blender. Mix well.
- Pour into two serving glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup, if desired.
Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- Since the blended mocha frappuccino mix contains milk, you should only store it in the fridge for as long as you would store milk to avoid spoilage.
- Add a slightly different taste by included a couple of tablespoons of vanilla syrup, almond syrup, or raspberry syrup to the mixture before blending.
- When using milk in the recipe, you might want to try a mixture of half milk and half cream to keep the milk from separating after blending.
- Consider using ice cream, rather than whipped cream, as a garnish.
- If you like, you can prepare the chocolate syrup from scratch. Simply combine 2/3 cup sugar and ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder in a saucepan and slowly add in 2/3 cup hot water. Simmer for a few minutes, then remove from heat and add in 1 ounce of finely chopped milk chocolate, 1 ½ tsp honey, and ½ tsp vanilla extract. Cool before using.
- According to Starbucks, the restaurant’s mocha frappuccino contains 400 calories per 16 ounce serving. You can lower the calorie count by using 2% milk and omitting the sugar in the recipe.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make Starbucks Chai Tea, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato