From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Using this Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe, you can make your own decadent hot chocolate at home. The secret to this beverage is the flavored syrups. There are three used in this recipe: chocolate, vanilla, and toffee nut, which is also used in the Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha. Starbucks sells its own brand of flavor syrups in its restaurants and online, though other brands can be found in your local grocery store as well.
While most people think of coffee when they hear the name Starbucks. You don’t have to be a caffeine addict to enjoy the many beverages offered on their menu. It’s a little known fact that Starbucks also makes a killer hot chocolate. And in keeping with the seasonal flavors, they’ve created a salted caramel version of their classic hot chocolate that it just divine.
Start to finish: 10 minutes
|Flickr: Cristiano Betta|
|Customer service phone||800-782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Milk, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce|
|Cooking method||Steam, mix|
|Similar to||Starbucks Vanilla Latte|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 2 tablespoons toffee nut syrup
- Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce
- Sea salt and sugar, for topping
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Steam 1 1/2 cups of the milk until it becomes frothy.
- In a small saucepan, mix the dark chocolate chunks with the remaining 1/4 cup of milk.
- Cook over low heat until the chocolate melts into a chocolate sauce.
- Pour the chocolate sauce, toffee nut syrup, and vanilla syrup into a tall glass.
- Carefully add the steamed milk and froth to the glass.
- Stir gently to combine the syrups and steamed milk.
- Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and a sprinkling of sea salt and sugar.
How to Steam Milk in a Microwave
- It is fairly simple to make your own caramel sauce and vanilla syrups at home. Make them in large quantities and store in the refrigerator so you have them on hand for when the weather gets chilly and you want a hot drink.
- Since this recipe does not require brewed coffee, use an alternate method to steam the milk, so you don’t have to pull out your espresso machine. To create steamed milk without using an espresso machine, use a saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk the milk to create a frothy texture. You can also steam milk in the microwave.
- Hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies go hand in hand. Before you steam your milk, why not whip up a batch of Double Chocolate Chip Cookies or Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies to go with your hot chocolate?
Also See: How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato