From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha
At Starbucks one can find a wide variety of coffee-inspired beverages, including ones containing the latest flavor-craze: salted caramel. With this Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha recipe, you can make your own salty-sweet coffee drink at home. The recipe is fairly quick and easy, especially if you have Starbucks syrups on hand. In addition, flavored syrups and sauces are readily available in most grocery stores. Once you’ve stocked your pantry with your favorite flavors, making your own Starbucks-inspired coffee drinks will be a snap!
Start to finish: 10 minutes
Flickr: Calgary Reviews
|Customer service phone||800-782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Coffee, milk, syrup|
|Cooking method||Brew, steam|
|Similar to||Starbucks Vanilla Latte|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Ingredients
- 6 ounces of freshly-brewed coffee
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons toffee nut syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 dash of sea salt
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Recipe
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until warm.
- Mix in the unsweetened cocoa and the sugar.
- Cook for a few minutes on low until mixture thickens.
- Steam the milk until it becomes frothy.
- Pour the toffee nut and chocolate sauce into a tall glass.
- Carefully add the steamed milk to the glass, reserving the froth on top by holding it back with a spoon.
- Stir to combine the syrups and steamed milk.
- Pour the espresso into the cup, and then top it with the remaining milk froth.
- Stir well.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and a sprinkling of sea salt.
How to Steam Milk in a Microwave
- If you are feeling adventurous, try making your own caramel sauce and vanilla syrups at home.
- To create steamed milk without using an espresso machine, use a saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk the milk to create a frothy texture.
- To make your Salted Caramel Mocha with brewed coffee, use a ratio of three tablespoons of coffee grounds to six cups of water.
Also See: How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato