From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway restaurants have a menu based around a type of sandwich that is called a sub, grinder, hoagie, or Italian. While they offer a variety of other items including cookies and salads, it's their sandwiches that have customers coming in day after day. By following these instructions, you'll know how to make a Subway sandwich recipe without even having to leave your house! Once you've mastered the art of making a Subway sandwich, try your hand at making Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert.
Start to finish: 15 minutes
|Creative Commons image by Vincent Desjardins|
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Main dish, sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Bread, meat, vegetables, condiments|
|Similar to||Deli-style sandwiches|
Subway Sandwich Ingredients
- Choice of bread (grain wheat, hearty Italian, honey oat, Italian (white), Italian herbs and cheese, monterey cheddar, Parmesan oregano, roasted garlic, sourdough, flatbread)
- Choice of condiment (ranch, marinara sauce, sweet onion sauce, mayonnaise, chipotle southwest, fat-free honey mustard, light mayonnaise, deli mustard, yellow mustard, olive oil blend, vinegar)
- Choice of cheese (monterey, cheddar, pepperjack, American, Swiss, provolone)
- Choice of vegetables (lettuce, tomato, green peppers, onions, jalapenos, banana peppers, black olives, avocado, cucumbers, pickles)
- Choice of meat (ham, bacon, buffalo chicken, chicken, salami, bologna, spicy pepperoni, meatballs, roast beef, steak, tuna salad, turkey, teriyaki-glazed chicken strips)
Subway Sandwich Recipe
- Choose the type of bread you'd like and cut the twelve-inch sub roll lengthwise.
- Select the type of Subway sub you would like to make. Most Subways sandwiches include a combination of meats and cheese. The Italian BMT, for example, has salami, ham, and spicy pepperoni.
- Fold your meat and place it on one side of the bread.
- Add your choice of cheese on top of your meat.
- If you want to recreate one of Subway's hot sandwiches, toast your sandwich in a toaster oven until the bread is golden and crispy.
- Add your choice of vegetables.
- Top off your sandwich with your choice of condiments.
- Cut in half, wrap in parchment paper, and enjoy!
Subway Sandwich Video
- Don't cut all the way through the sub roll--leave part of it attached to hold all of your meat, cheese, and toppings.
- If you're not hungry enough for a twelve-inch sub, cut the roll in half before masking the sandwich to build a six-inch sandwich.