From Copycat Recipe Guide
an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
Even if there is no Starbucks nearby--or if you just don't want to fork over the cash--you can still cool down on a scorching summer day with this Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato recipe. You can whip up your own vanilla syrup quickly and easily, and then simply mix it with a few other ingredients to create this sweet, cool treat in a flash. If you want your drink to be as close as possible to the coffee chain's original version, pick up some Fontana syrup, which is what Starbucks baristas use to prepare the drink. In Italian, the word "Macchiato" translates as "stained" or "marked". In this drink the espresso is "marked" with milk.
|Customer service phone||800-Starbuc (800-782-7282)|
|Main ingredients||Coffee, milk, syrup|
|Cooking method||Brew, steam|
|Similar to||Vanilla latte|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Ingredients
- Starbucks brand espresso beans
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of vanilla syrup
- 1 cup of cold 2% milk
- Caramel sauce to taste
Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Brew a shot of espresso.
- Pour the vanilla syrup into your serving glass.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill the glass with milk, leaving just enough room for the coffee.
- Pour the espresso shot over the milk.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of the milk.
- Mix the caramel macchiato well.
Making an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- To make your own vanilla syrup, combine 1 cup of water and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Refrigerate any unused syrup in a tightly closed jar.
- The iced Starbucks caramel macchiato is a layered beverage, and the drinker will typically need to give it a stir before consuming it to blend the flavors together. However, some people may prefer to leave it as-is and experience the different flavors individually as they sip.
- Another way to serve the caramel macchiato is as a frozen drink. To do this, pour all the ingredients, along with ice, into into a blender and blend until smooth.
- While Starbucks brand espresso beans are recommended, you can use any brand beans to make your caramel macchiato.
- According to the company, a 16 ounce Caramel Macchiato made with 2% milk has 240 calories and 7 grams of fat. To reduce the calorie count, replace the 2% milk with nonfat milk or soy milk. You can also use a sugar-free version of vanilla syrup to make a "Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato", bringing the calories down to 140 for a 16 ounce drink.
- If you don't have espresso beans or they're hard to find in your area, simply make very strong coffee by brewing 3 heaping tbsp of coffee in six cups of water.
Also See: How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits