From Copycat Recipe Guide
the Original KFC Biscuits
The original KFC Kentucky biscuit recipe is slightly different than their buttermilk biscuit cousins. While they both offer a flaky and melt-in-your mouth texture, the original biscuits are slightly sweeter. The biscuits are delicious served hot out of the oven and can be topped with butter or honey. This original KFC Biscuits recipe is easy to make. It can be halved without a problem, but if you want more than 18 biscuits, you should prepare each batch separately.
Serves: 6-8, makes 18 biscuits
|Offered by||Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)|
|Customer service phone||1-800-544-5774 ext. 8360 & ext. 326|
|Served as||Bread along with a meal|
|Similar to||Hardees biscuits|
Original KFC Biscuits Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shortening
Original KFC Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and stir gently. Consider using a sifter to ensure an even mixture.
- Create a hole, or well, in the middle of your mixture.
- Pour your milk into the hole.
- Add the shortening to the flour mixture.
- Knead mixture with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated. You may need to add a little more milk to allow the formation of a dough ball.
- Flour a cutting board and place the dough ball in the middle.
- Knead the ball about 7 or 8 times, then break it in half.
- Take one ball half and pat it down until it is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out about 18 biscuits.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Coat baking sheet with a thin layer of shortening to prevent sticking.
- Place biscuits onto the baking sheet. Place them close together for softer biscuits and farther apart for a crispier texture.
- Bake for about 10 to 14 minutes, or until tops are lightly brown.
How to Make Southern-Style Biscuits
- KFC served their original biscuits with butter and honey, as an accompaniment to their fried chicken.
- The biscuits can be split and filled with sausage, bacon, ham, egg, and/or cheese for a breakfast sandwich.
- This recipe also makes a nice base for strawberry shortcake, when topped with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Also See: How to Make KFC Pecan Pie, How to Make KFC Spoon Bread, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Subway Bread, How to Make Dominos Stuffed Cheesy Bread